Regulations for National Lockdown
It's important to remember that during National Lockdown, everyone:
- must wear a face covering in most indoor public settings, unless they have an exemption
- should follow the rules on meeting others safely
- should attend school or college as normal, unless they are self-isolating. Schools, universities, colleges and early years settings remain open in all tiers
- should walk or cycle where possible, plan ahead and avoid busy times and routes when travelling
- must follow the gathering limits at their tier except for in specific settings and circumstances. These exemptions are detailed at the end of this guidance
National Lockdown specific regulations
The UK Government has set out the following regulations:
Leaving home: You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You may leave the home to:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
- attend education or childcare - for those eligible
Meeting Others: You cannot leave your home to meet socially with anyone you do not live with or are not in a support bubble with (if you are legally permitted to form one).
- You may exercise on your own, with one other person, or with your household or support bubble.
- You should not meet other people you do not live with, or have formed a support bubble with, unless for a permitted reason.
- Stay 2 metres apart from anyone not in your household.
Detailed guidance on the national lockdown
- View the official GOV.UK detailed guidance on national lockdown here
The above guidance has been sourced from the official gov.uk website. If you have any questions regarding the regulations, please contact your local authority.
Am I in National Lockdown?
National Lockdown currently applies to the whole of The United Kingdown. Until further notice, if you reside in the UK your are in Lockdown and should stay at home in accordance to the guidelines.
Find out more about other tiers and their rules: